Alzheimer's Society welcomes new Director of Fundraising
Published 9 August 2012
Liz Monks has been announced as Alzheimer’s Society’s new Director of Fundraising and will take up her role on Monday 10 September.
Commenting on her new role, Liz said:
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive at Alzheimer's Society, said:
'I am thrilled to be joining Alzheimer's Society at such an important time for the charity, and for people with dementia. I look forward to leading what is one of the best fundraising teams in the sector, and building on their success. Having worked in the breast cancer field for the last three and a half years and seen the incredible work Jeremy Hughes did to make Breakthrough Breast Cancer the charity it is, I particularly look forward to working with him as my CEO and with the rest of the strategic leadership team.'
Liz Monks was selected as Chair at this year's Institute of Fundraising convention which took place last month.
'We are delighted that Liz is joining the Society. She is bringing a wealth of fundraising and leadership expertise that will be put to good use as we continue our success of recent years. With experience in both the not-for-profit and business sectors, Liz will be a real asset to the charity as we continue the fight against dementia.'
Notes to editors:
- One in three people over 65 will die with dementia
- Alzheimer's Society research shows that 800,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia, more than half have Alzheimer's disease. In less than ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to 1.7 million people by 2051
- Alzheimer's Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them
- Alzheimer's Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Alzheimer's Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0845 306 0898 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
- Alzheimer's Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0845 300 0336 or visit alzheimers.org.uk
Contact the Press team
+44 (0) 20 7423 3595
Press release RSS feed
- Alzheimer's Society press release feed
- Alzheimer's Society responds to G8 Summit Communiqué
- £100 million committed to dementia research in next decade: Alzheimer’s Society make long-term funding promise to tackle dementia
- The forgotten condition: Video shows dementia treatments fall a generation behind cancer